[ Close ]
Username
Password

Forgotten your password?

Custom Search
Schools
 Real Chennai Forums Chennai Education Schools
Message Icon Topic: Feedback on PSBB Mill, Chettinad, DAV n M Post Reply Post New Topic
Found this useful? Give a +1   Add to Facebook: Add to Facebook
Chennai Education
Schools
CBSE Matriculation Stateboard ICSE Anglo Indian Montessories Play Schools
Engineering & Technology Studies
Medical Studies
Other Studies, Distance Education
Higher Studies, Exam Preparation
Other Educational Talks
Categories
Chennai Education
Chennai Extracurriculam
Chennai Food/Dining
Chennai Products & Services
Chennai Shopping
Chennai Entertainment
Chennai Jobs
Chennai Accomodation
Chennai Realestates - Buy, Sell, Lease, Rent
Chennai Others
 Sponsors
Karthik
Chennaite
Chennaite

Online Status: Offline
Quote Karthik Replybullet Topic: Feedback on PSBB Mill, Chettinad, DAV n M
    Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 7:03pm
Let me know your opinion on these schools teaching and other activities... PSBB Mill, Chettinad, DAV,Maharishi & BVB... also comments on other schools would be appreciated

IP IP Logged
Aruna
Chennaite
Chennaite

Quote Aruna Replybullet Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 7:13pm
Hi...my daughters are in Chettinad. I am quite ok with that school. Some parents feel that the number of children in each class is more (around 45)...I guess it is ok. Their syllabus is quite tough...but nowadays kids manage just fine. They providing food (Breakfast, Lunch and evening Milk and snacks) is a real real lifesaver for working moms like me. Also, my kids love school and that what really matters isnt it?!!!
IP IP Logged
Karthik
Chennaite
Chennaite

Quote Karthik Replybullet Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 7:14pm
Thank you for the information on chettinad school.how about the admission procedure and also the fees. I heard from some of my friends that it is a school for rich.is that real......
IP IP Logged
chennai
Chennaite
Chennaite

Quote chennai Replybullet Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 7:18pm
About PSBB Millennium - excellent school,excelleeeent teachers and a nasty management. Without regard for the time that would be spent in commuting, the management has decided to move the higher classes to Porur. In a disgusting expansion spree,( increase in 2 sections in each class in 2 years ), children residing in and around Guindy, Alandur, Adambakkam, Nanganallur, Adayar, Velachery worst affected. Parents Beware.

IP IP Logged
Karthik
Chennaite
Chennaite

Quote Karthik Replybullet Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 7:19pm
Thanks for cautioning me.

IP IP Logged
Hema Ritchie
Chennaite
Chennaite

Quote Hema Ritchie Replybullet Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 7:24pm
Hi Karthik, PSBB school in Tirumalai Pillai Road is a very good school for CBSE curriculum. Their extra curricular activities are really good. The school infact emphasises on that too. The coaching is good, but as the kid goes to higher classes the home work load increases.

My hubby is a student of DAV. He dint want to put them there cos, he said they wud make the student only to study and no extra curricular activities.

The school also has swimming lessons from 2nd std.

Put them here, I think u get the forms at Rs.150/- issued on Nov 17th onwards for 4 days.

Bye

IP IP Logged
Karthik
Chennaite
Chennaite

Quote Karthik Replybullet Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 7:26pm
Thanks Hema, Any idea on Maharishi/chettinad?
IP IP Logged
Aruna
Chennaite
Chennaite

Quote Aruna Replybullet Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 7:27pm
Hi...reg Chettinad...I admitted my kids thru' normal procedure only. They give applications in Nov-Dec time. We just got it and subitted on the same day and we got the interview card that's it. Reg. fees it is expensive but ok when compared with some of the International schools. Per year you might spend something around 18k and for admission maybe 30K.
IP IP Logged
Hema Ritchie
Chennaite
Chennaite

Quote Hema Ritchie Replybullet Posted: 13-Nov-2008 at 7:27pm
do u have to give donation like 50,000 or more to chettinad vidyasram??? or the nris should only give donation? becos one of my friends who joined chettinad vidyasham gave around 50,000 as donation to join the school...it seems this happened very recently around may-june 2008. Do nris have to give donation, if so what's the amount...pl. clarify friends.

IP IP Logged
pakutharivu
New Chennaite
New Chennaite

Quote pakutharivu Replybullet Posted: 19-Sep-2009 at 7:40pm
I would suggest not to chose PSBB Millinnium school. They charge you exorbitantly. They grab a Rs.30,000/- in the name of admission fee which is absolutely against government rules. If this school is able to violate a government rule so blatantly, what moral can you expect them to teach to your ward. Once you paid a sum of Rs.30,000/- and got your kid admitted in this school, then you will have to pay what ever fee hike ( normally from Rs.1000/- to Rs.3,000/- per year) every year. They are looting their parents for nothing. Worst administration, worst co-ordination, worst transport facility are their merits. Study wise also you can not compare this school with their other branches in KK nagar and Nungambakkam. Students in this school are not given proper coaching in extra curricular activities. Very few are selected for extra curricular activities and we dont know what is the selection criteria. The existing parents are frustrated after paying huge fees they dont get their due. This year the first set of students are going to write X std public exam. The real strength of this school in studies may be known after the results.
IP IP Logged

Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version